Sunday, December 20, 2009

page 1, the beginning 1972 -1979



Triple's, started in 1972; when I sold my dear old Triton and bought a one year old Trident. My Chopper time was over, I was more in for speed and "modern" technics, it ended in technics.

The new bike was a 1969 model that started here life in Holland in 1971 It was a slightly modified triple with Ceriani GP shocks and a Ceriani four-leading shoe brake. It appeared to be a very reliable machine
.













My next bike was the ''71 Fastback", but sold after a few years, to much trouble. One Brit is enough, so the Trident is still here. But now, I now miss the bottom power and the good looks.














The following years, holidays were spent as giant spare tours to collect all sorts of racing parts as well as meeting lots of new friends. So I found my way to Silverstone.



Production 750 race at Silverstone in 19??, Less Williams on the Son of Sam. That race, overall winner Alex George took second place after Gus Kuhn's BMW (nr. 37)

the bike is now owned by John Young.



















In 1976 on our trip to Less Williams (yes, for spare parts) Dirk broke down in the poring rain, just in front of a Suzuki dealer. Inside I recognised the owner: Percy Tait, he kindly brought us to Less. There we met Martin Russell.


When you have once seen the parcel man, you will never forget him.








Martin Russell in 1976, with the most advanced triple (he) ever made. Martin and Les Williams enthusiasted Dirk and me to start working on triples. Martin did the first job on the cylinder head, carbs and the special three-in-to-two exhaust and some other special parts.

One of the first pictures at Zandvoort 1978,
the bike is still classic black. At the back the blue and red triples from Rob and Rob















This is a early Unicorn event some years later at Zandvoort in 1978 or 79? (the old long circuit). Here I take the "stock" Triple (standard frame) to the Hunzerug. Notice the Russell exhoust system! The bike still runs with 19" rims. A year later, more body work was done and the Boyer exhaust was mounted, more top power, but not so smooth as with Rayguns.